We will look into the top 10 garden tips for novice gardeners and lets boost the confidence of the beginners in gardening and also for those who are still planning to start gardening with these gardening basics and lessons of gardening for beginners.
Gardening is not an exact science. Even experienced gardeners make mistakes, so novice gardeners should start with a positive note and with full confidence. It takes hardly few minutes to gain some basic knowledge or some basic garden tips to start gardening. Here are the top garden tips for beginners in gardening.
1. Know Your Region
One thing you should note is: not everything grows everywhere, so what you plant is your garden is determined by where you live. So you have to survey few factors in your garden area like the sun light exposure, temperature and so on depending on your zone. Best tip is to Talk to someone who works at your local garden center or a plant nursery, regardning the best native plants for your region,
2. Spend Time to Prepare your soil or the potting mixture. Carefully plant, what you want to grow – whether vegetable gardening or ornamental plants or flowering plants. Spend time and make the right potting mix. You can watch my video on the Universal Potting mix from this link:
3. Start With “Easy to Grow” Plants
“Growing vegetables is a fun introduction to gardening,” by sowing seeds, because they don’t take as long time to grow and will give that GREAT FEELING OF SATISFACTION AND the confidence required for a newbie gardener.
4. Watering Carefully: In newbie gardening, Over watering is actually the main villain that kills your plants not under watering. Best tip for beginners is first check the soil by dipping the finger into the soil to atleast an inch and if its dry then only water the plants.
5. Sunlight exposure: The basic tip here is Know about your plant. Know its name, google about the care tips of your plant. Different plants require different amount of sunlight. Some are completely shade loving plants and some need atleast 6 to 8 hours of sunlight.
6. Have Patience: Patience is the key to success in gardening. It doesn’t just happen in one day—it takes time.” Sometimes impatience will cause you to overwater or fuss too much with the plants in the hopes that they will grow faster.
7. Spare Atleast 30 to 60 minutes daily for your plants like water them, examine them closely for any pest attacks or nutritional deficiencies. And Gardening is the best exercise, Try to get atleast one plant in a week. Repot this plant in your favourite pot or container. Spend some time to fertilize or spray pesticides to your plants atleast once or twice a month.
8. Weeds: Actually when I started gardening, I used to feel happy when weeds started growing, but be cruel to your weeds and just eliminate them without mercy.
9. Fungus and pest attacks: Be watchful for any pest attacks or fungus in the early stage itself. Spraying an organic pesticide like neem oil mix plus some liquid soap once every 15 days as a preventive measure is the best garden tip for novice gardeners.
10. Pruning: Do not hesitate to trim or cut off some branches off your plant. Generally beginners have some kind of mercy in their hearts and hesitate to trim their plants. But trimming is a good habit and must be done without any hesitation. And particularly trimming a diseased branch is compulsory.
11. And one last bonus take home garden tip is: Experiment Experiment Experiment: Also Do not get scared of repotting , root pruning, trimming or even uprooting and shifting your plants.
So there we have it folks, that was our episode on the beginners guide to gardening tips listing out the important points in beginners gardening. If you have some more tips for newbies gardeners, please suggest them in the comments section below the video. Also give a thumbs up if you like the video and consider subscribing if you are new to the channel.
Happy New Year 2018.
gardentips, gardening, gardeningforbeginners, gardeningtips, gardeningtutorials, gardeninglessons,
Free SUBSCRIBE TO Our Channel at: http://www.youtube.com/c/gardentips?sub_confirmation=1
CLICK NOTIFICATION BELL TO “ON” TO RECEIVE UPDATES!
Our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/gkvk.net/
Our Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/gkvk_in
Our Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/gkvk.in
Our Hindi Channel – http://youtube.com/gardeningtips
Please LIKE and Share your Thoughts and COMMENTS below.
Also please SUBSCRIBE to our channel with Notification Bell “Turned On” to receive notifications on new additions and activity of our channel.
Garden Tips – Gardening Channel in English – http://youtube.com/gardentips
Gardening Tips Hindi – http://youtube.com/gardeningtips
Our Website: http://www.gkvks.com
CHECK OUR PLAYLISTS: https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/playlists
Join Our WhatsApp Group: https://goo.gl/26UwqF